College of Staten Island
 The City University of New York
Health & Wellness Services
 Immunization Requirements

Before you can register:  As per New York State Public Health Law, proof of immunization to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) is required for all students born on or after January 1, 1957 taking six or more credits.  The Immunization Record form must be submitted prior to registering for classes. The Meningitis section must be completed by all students.

You may print out the Immunization Record , and hand deliver, mail or email it to our office.  Do NOT send original documents.  Always keep a copy for your records

CSI Health Center – 1C-112
2800 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, New York 10314
Fax: (718)982-2966

Your immunization records may be obtained from the following sources:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • An official childhood baby book immunization record.
  • An official medical documented immunization record.
  • Lab results that show positive immune blood titers.

If you had a MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella immunization) in childhood you may/may not have to get immunized again. Measles, mumps, and rubella immunization given on or after your first birthday (measles on or after January 1, 1968, and mumps and rubella on or after January 1, 1969) are good for life. However, NYS law requires proof of two measles inoculations, so you may have to get another vaccination or submit positive titers.  If you are uncertain, please bring your immunization record to the Health Center for review.

The Health Center offers free MMR vaccine for students.
Call 718.982.3045 or come in (1C-112) for an appointment.

Requesting a copy of CSI immunization records:
Health records are confidential. Therefore, any requests for a copy must be made in writing.

  • An Authorization for Release of Information must be completed. 
  • You may compose a letter stating that you give the College of Staten Island permission to release your immunization and/or medical records. The letter must be signed and include a copy of your student identification card or picture I.D.